Since 2000, Oberryman Insurance Agency serves clients across North Virginia and beyond from our office in Woodbridge, VA. As an independent insurance agency, we represent Erie Insurance, Progressive Insurance, and Travelers Insurance. We mainly operate in Lorton, Woodbridge, Dale City, Dumfries, Lake Ridge, Montclair, Manassas, Stafford, Fredericksburg, and serve clients throughout Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
Over the past 22 years, our team has always focused on top-tier customer service, accessibility, and affordability for our clients first. Simply put, we are here to make sure you get the most for your money by getting the best possible coverage for your individual insurance needs.
Our mission is to be the #1 insurance agency in Northern Virginia. We want to provide our clients with the best possible service and coverage so that they can rest assured knowing that they are protected.
We achieve this by being a one-stop shop for all insurance needs. We work with a variety of insurance companies so that we can find the right policy for you. And we will even do the shopping around so that you don’t have to!
Oberryman Insurance Agency has won several awards over the years that attest to our commitment to excellence. Some of our most recent awards include:
- Recipient of Erie Insurance Founders Award (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2020, 2021)
- Progressive Claims Satisfaction Award (2007, 2008, 2009)
- Erie Family Life District Sales Award (2008, 2009)
These are just a few of the awards that we have won. We are proud to be recognized as one of the leaders in the insurance industry for Prince William County and all of North Virginia.
Oberryman Insurance Agency offers a variety of insurance services to our clients. We have experience in both personal and commercial insurance. Some of the services that we offer include:
- Auto Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- RV Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Condo Insurance
- Renter’s Insurance
- Personal Umbrella Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Commercial General Liability
- Workers Comp
- Whole Life
- Term Life
We are here to help you find the right insurance policy for your needs. During our first meeting, we will work with you to understand your specific needs and find the best coverage at the most affordable price.
- 29 years of experience in the insurance industry: After seven years in the insurance industry, we opened our own agency in 2000. Since then, we have strived to be the best insurance agency in the Virginia, Maryland, and DC area. We have over two decades of experience under our belts, and we are not slowing down anytime soon. We are always ready to help our clients with their insurance needs.
- Team of professionals: We have a team of highly trained and experienced insurance professionals who are ready to help you with your insurance needs. If you have any confusion or questions, our team is always ready to help you out. We are dedicated to delivering the best experience possible.
- Extensive knowledge of asset protection: We have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to asset protection. We can help you find the right insurance policy to protect your assets. To achieve this, we always stay up-to-date on the latest changes in the insurance industry so that we can better serve you.
- Reputable partners: We are proud to partner with some of the most reputed insurance companies in the country. This allows us to offer you a wide range of options when it comes to choosing an insurance policy. We work with Erie Insurance, Progressive Insurance, and Travelers Insurance. These companies are giants in the insurance industry, and we are proud to be associated with them.
Meet our Founder
Orlando Berryman is the Founder and Principal of the Oberryman Insurance Agency and a former Captain in the US Army Reserves. His experience as a claims examiner and underwriter with GEICO has allowed him to gain deep insights into how the insurance industry works. And with close to three decades of industry experience, he is one of the most knowledgeable insurance professionals in Washington’s metropolitan area. Orlando holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Mary Washington and a second Bachelor’s degree from Radford University. His clients describe him as a highly dedicated and passionate individual who is always looking out for his client’s best interests.
An Independent Advantage
We are Independent Agents in Woodbridge, Virginia, free to choose the best carrier for your insurance needs. We do not work for an insurance company; we work for you. We work on your side when you have a loss and follow through to see that you get fair, prompt payment and service. Oberryman Insurance Agency represents a carefully selected group of financially strong, reputable insurance companies. Therefore, we are able to offer you the best coverage at the most competitive price.
What is an Independent Insurance Agent?
When you decide to buy a car, you wouldn't purchase the first one you see. What if one day the automobile industry decided to make only one type of car, one make and one model. You wouldn't have a choice!
The same situation holds true for insurance. You need insurance to drive a car, to purchase a house, to protect your family's financial future and to run a small business. But if there was only one insurance company that offered only one type of insurance, you wouldn't have a choice. The only solution would be going to that one company.
With an independent insurance agent, you have choices. Independent agents are not tied to any one insurance company. One of the advantages of using an independent agent is that he or she works to satisfy your needs. You are using an expert for an important financial decision.
An independent agent has several companies that he or she can approach to get you the best coverage at the best price. And your independent agent will know the companies with the most efficient claims departments to recover your losses as quickly as possible.
When you buy insurance, you want an advocate who will properly assess the risks you face and give you an objective analysis of the marketplace, because it's up to you to make the final choice.